What it is:
Ergonomics is an exploration of how to customize your environment, such as furniture, exercise equipment, or car seats, so that it fits your body, rather than the other way around. Sometimes these objects can be adjusted, or they can be modified with a special cushion or other added modifier.
Cushions from the Aston® Line are very helpful when making ergonomic modifications.
Poorly designed furniture or other objects you use regularly can cause areas of the body to be compressed, sheared, torqued, or overstretched, leading to pain and dysfunction over time. By making changes to these objects, you allow your body to be positioned or to move in ways that support your health and avoid potential injuries.
You may benefit from ergonomics if:
- You feel discomfort during or after certain activities that involve particular pieces of furniture such as seats, desks, mattress, or pillows.
- You feel discomfort during or after certain activities that involve particular pieces of fitness equipment such as a bicycle, weight machine, or shoes.
- You experience neck or eye strain from your workstation.
- We may discover together that a problem or pain that was previously unexplained may be traced to a specific piece of equipment or furniture you use often.
- Your body is changing due to receiving bodywork (massage) or movement education, and you would like to be able to maintain those positive changes by optimizing your daily environment.