What it is:
Yoga is an ancient system of exercises designed to promote physical and spiritual health. It is composed of many physical exercises or “poses” that are performed slowly and in a sustained manner, as well as breath and mental exercises. There are many different styles of Yoga that have developed over time. Some go back to Yoga’s origins in India, some have evolved in the West in the past few decades.
Yoga promotes strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, body awareness, breath control, and relaxation.
Eve teaches a gentle style of Hatha Yoga informed by Aston® principles of movement so that its effectiveness is enhanced and any risk of injury is minimized.
You may benefit from Yoga if:
- You are drawn to the tradition of Yoga and would like instruction tailored to your specific needs.
- You would like to apply the Aston® principles of movement to your existing Yoga practice.
- You have tried Yoga before and been injured, and would like to try again with Eve’s support and expertise.
- You are looking to improve your flexibility, coordination, and balance.
- You are looking to become stronger but would prefer options outside weight bearing exercises with traditional exercise equipment.